The Woman of the Year award recognizes a member for the personal impact they have had on a client, colleague, fellow member or as a career ambassador. Award selection is based on the submission of personal impact stories. All WIFS members are eligible via self-nomination or nomination by a fellow member.
• Nominees must be current members of WIFS.
• Self-nominate or nominate a fellow member.
• National Board members and previous Woman of the Year recipients are not eligible.
• Submission of an original impact story.
• Duplicate nominations or resubmissions of the same story will be disqualified.
What qualifies as an impact story? Here are a few examples:
- Has she watched someone grow personally and professionally because she took a chance and hired them?
- Did she allow a family to stay in their home because of disability insurance?
- Has she assisted with someone’s career through mentoring?
- Did she experience joy in a couple's eyes when they were able to retire because of her planning?
Download and complete an application on behalf of yourself or another WIFS member.
• Share the nominee's personal experience/impact story via 1,000 or less word essay or record a 5-minute video to communicate the story.
• Submit a completed application and supporting information on or before July 31, 2018. Nominations received after July 31st will not be considered.
Dates and Deadlines
|April 1||Nomination acceptance period opens.|
|July 31||Nomination acceptance period closes.|
|August 1 – 31||Awards Committee nomination review period.|
|October 24||Finalists' impact stories shared at WIFS National Conference. Winner will be chosen via live poll.|